Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chateau Chillon and Montreaux (23/12/2010)


We packed up and went about an hour down the lake road to Chateau Chillon.  It is a Castle build on a rock island in Lake Geneva.  It is amazing.  This is one of the things that Nathan and I did when we were here house hunting.  You can go into almost every room and really see what it would have been like to live there. 




Taking a much needed break from walking and climbing steps!




Then we went back to Montreaux, a resort town just up the lake, to walk through the last day of the Christmas market.  It was so much fun.  They had tons of food, trinkets, people, and things for the kids to do!  We rode a huge Ferris wheel and the kids got to ride a carousel.  We ate a plate of potatoes, ham, onions and I am sure LOTS of butter, and chocolate crepes.  WOW - it was good!  The whole day was wonderful. 









Love, Nikki

5 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like an absolutely wonderful day, Nik! I love to see you guys out exploring and to see the kids having so much fun! It looks so cold there...so different from here, where I went to the beach and got a sunburn yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! So fun to see what you guys are up to. Miss you all like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have this blog! So much fun to see photos and read about your adventures. I will continue to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikkiiiiii!

    I miss you an incredible amount - things like this make me miss you and your little ones more.

    I also have this really great idea where you let me live in your au pair apartment for a month instead of me living in Germany and only seeing you a few days.

    Granted, a month is a lot of Meg. But also a lot of her cooking and cleaning and babysitting for youuuuuuu :)

    Let me know how you are, please!

    -Meg
    meg_kay_adams@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Nik - you and the kids are living the most amazing life right now. The things you are getting to experience! I love being able to check in to see how you are doing on this blog. The kids are so cute and big! Can't believe it. Love you and miss you, tell Nathan hello!

    ReplyDelete