Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thank you!

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!  I am SO appreciative that Grandma and Grandpa came to be with us and celebrate.  I know it made the adjustment and getting things settled much easier.  Nathan and I were able to go to the bank, look at cars and get things put together or away without dragging the kids with us.  We had such a good time with them learning the new things, going to several grocery stores and just being together!  Thank you....

Here the "boys/men" are putting up the lights.  I wish I had a picture of what it looked like before - just wires hanging down with a light bulb attached - in EVERY room.  In Switzerland you take your lights with you!  Yes, this was a challenge.....we got to spend a few hours at Hornbach (Swiss version of Home Depot - even the orange vests!) trying to pick out lights and then the challenge of putting all of them (10) up in CONCRETE ceilings! 
 Here is the wine cellar storage room that I unloaded and then organized and put everything back in - I am not sure the Italian owner would appreciate how we are using the room!  (finished product will be shown at some point).  Grandma got to play with the kids all day so that I could get this done!  Thank you - it would have taking me days months with the kids helping!
 They even put up Elizabeth's curtains!!!!  I was so excited!  They look amazing!

Again,  thank you for sharing in our first holiday in a new country, new home and new adventure. 

We love you.....when are you coming back?
Love, Nikki, Nathan, Elizabeth and Zach!

No comments:

Post a Comment